audio setup in yamaha rx-v381 receiver (hdmi arc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcpl

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
Hello, Im asking for help the users of Yamaha AV Receivers.
I have connect the Yamaha RX-V381 to my TV via HDMI Arc setup my tv
Then I don't understand the HDMI Control settings in Yamaha receiver
if I set it to On there is avaible settings like ARC with I obvisly set to ON and TV Audio Input with only AV1/AV2/AUDIO1/AUDIO2 then if I use the build-in TV apps it just change on receiver to the AV2 (default settings) and there is audio but just 2channels PCM, I mean if I run the build-in Netflix and try to play some Dolby 5.1 materials there is no audio and on display it says Analog, as soon as I choice standard audio its PCM 2channels, Im not sure why it says ANALOG if I have it connected via HDMI Arc.
When HDMI Control is ON in the Yamaha Receiver there is onyl TV audio Input like I said above In manual it say its rca/optical/coaxial ports. why there is no Audio Input HDMI OUT?

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
OK, so you connect a HDMI lead from the HDMI(ARC) socket on the TV to the HDMI out on the receiver.
Now go to the receiver HDMI menu and Under "HDMI Control " set it to ON.
Set the "TV AUDIO INPUT" to AV2
Set "ARC" to on
On the TV you will have to enable HDMI control also.
HDMI control lets you control the Yamaha receiver volume and power with the TV remote.
Does the TV remote vol + - buttons work on the receiver

arcpl

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

Yes the TV remote is working just fine, I can volume +/- it auto change signals from like Satbox, or other device, and it can turn the receiver off automaticly when turning TV, thats really great.

When it comes to audio I have configure the Yamaha like you said.
In TV settings (Philips 55PUS6561) I have only the "Speakers" with is ON/OFF/EasyLink Autostat with I have set to EasyLink Autostart that is needed for self turning on/off TV and build-in speakers automaticly
Other then that there is also the "Format signal audio out" with there only 2 options "Multichannel" or Stereo(Uncompressed)
If I choice the Multichannel there is audio and I can play standard DD/DTS materials in build-in media player but in Netflix it says "Analog" and no audio when choice 5.1
To watch netflix I need to change materials from 5.1 to 2.0 to be able to hear anything. And on Display there is PCM
Also I'm not able to watch materials in DD+/TrueHD/DTS HD Master with build-in or any other player that is from TV playstore

If I set it to Stereo(uncompressed) no matter what materials I try to play its only PCM 2.0 and in Netflix audio is only Stereo with missing 5.1 settings.
Sorry for my english, do you understand what I mean by that?
But the most weard is that Analog on Yamaha display, should it be like that?

arcpl

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

Thank you, I already updated my TV to newest version, doesnt seems to solve this, I read also that Netflix have problems with 5.1 over the HDMI ARC, so the only way is to just wait till some update show up that will fix it.

Tony_189

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
Hi,
I have a problem with my AVR rx-v381 connected with Sony TV with arc.
The subwoofer makes a continuous background noise.
If I use AVR without some HDMI cable connected, only with one USB memort stick with music, subwoofer is OK.
Have you some ideas about this? How can I fix this?

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Sounds like you might have a "ground loop" problem
It can happen if you have devices connected together but using a different power source
Here is a more in depth explanation
http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-find-and-fix-hum-extended/

Tony_189

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
I think that in this case is an another problem. Now have I tested a.c. source, the same or different, and the same noise. Monday i will buy an another subwoofer cable and I have to test YPAQ. If i disconnect HDMI cable between TV and AVR the noise almost dissapear.

Feb 25, 2018
I have the same issue, I connected the HDMI/ARC Input on the back of my LG 55" LED to the HDMI/ARC Out on the back of the Yamaha RXV383 and selected the TV Scene which is Audio 1 by factor default but I get no audio . Double checked the LG's Audio Output settings to make sure they are set to Optical/HDMI/ARC out (Internal speakers off so as not to get folded) and turned on the SimpleLink/HDMI-CEC function. But still nothing coming from the sound system speakers. getting very frustrated with this,.

Where on the Yamaha receiver is the HDMI Control, I cant find that anywhere and in fact I don't even have an on screen "menu" on the receiver. Am I missing something here? See more replies in red below.

Now go to the receiver HDMI menu and Under "HDMI Control " set it to ON. Where is this?
Set the "TV AUDIO INPUT" to AV2 Its Audio 1 by default, I changed it to Audio 2, either way it did not work
Set "ARC" to on How? Where?
On the TV you will have to enable HDMI control also. Yes, the SimpleLink/HDMI-CEC function, done
HDMI control lets you control the Yamaha receiver volume and power with the TV remote. in theoryt
Does the TV remote vol + - buttons work on the receiver No

[/quotemsg]

Mar 17, 2018
Signed up for an account to say - kango69 you bloody legend! Was looking for this for a while.. didn't know all I had to do was turn on TV control on the receiver. Cheers Mate!

Mar 21, 2018

Hi I am also having the same problem, how did you get it to work? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.