blank laptop screen

austinhunt1447

Commendable
May 21, 2016
I was trying to update my volume hardware on my Acer laptop and after it finished updating the laptop restarted so i logged in and then the screen went black with just the courser... I need help

Solution
Without a systen DVD, you need another route to the StartUp Options and the best way of doing that is to turn the machine off at the power switch as many times it takes to trigger those options.

Power it up and then off and see if you get that offer. It should also offer to fix start up issues and hopefully sort itself out.
It could be that Windows is trying to start but can't. Could there have been Windows updates installing at the time you turned it off?

How long have you left it on waiting for something to happen.

Do you have a Windows DVD for your system? Sorry there are more questions than answers.

Without a systen DVD, you need another route to the StartUp Options and the best way of doing that is to turn the machine off at the power switch as many times it takes to trigger those options.

Power it up and then off and see if you get that offer. It should also offer to fix start up issues and hopefully sort itself out.

Solution