Alex_A

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
1. What is your budget?
no more than 1400 dollars

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
preferably 13'' but i am willing to go up to 15''

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080 or more

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
i need a portable laptop

5. How much battery life do you need?
something that will last me a school day so 8-9h+

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
no need to play but if i can play games on the laptop i would play Heroes Of The Storm on any settings but has to be at least 50fps

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
school work, browsing, day to day things

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
minimum of 256 gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
souq.com

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
none

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
have had bad experience with acer about 2 years ago regarding cpu usage but that was my fault for buying something i didnt research on

13. What country do you live in?
UAE - Abu Dhabi but have family in UK for shipping

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
if some of my expectations are a little unrealistic please feel free to offer me something that isnt within my terms above

Alex_A

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
I do like the hp specter and have looked at it, don't really like the look of a Razer blade, the Dell XPS also looks good and I've heard some disappointing opinions on the battery life. Was look at a Linus vid earlier today and liked the look of the new LG gram and acer swift. Any opinions on those two.
Forgot to add I'm planning on buying the laptop by Summer time.
Also thanks for the quick reply

Edit: the LG gram https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078WRN1S8/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Acer swift https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0757K2PWH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517682577&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=acer%2Bswift&dpPl=1&dpID=41iGGGNDW5L&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

ArchitSahu

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014

LG Gram is a really good laptop, I had a hands on experience for it. Acer Swift I can't say much about as I have not tried it yet.

The Razer Blade is a really good laptop, I would not cancel it due to the looks. The bezel is a bit annoying, but otherwise, it is quite good. Their Singapore office is really close to me, so I know some of the guys who go there and have tried their stuff so I highly recommend it.

The XPS actually has a good battery life. Mate of mine has the exact same model I listed, and battery life is perfect. However, the thing thermal throttles like hell, if you buy it you do not need a heater. Hits 90C regularly for him, and it has no fans. He does not game. Fried his first motherboard, and he got it replaced. If I were you, I would pick up the latest XPS as it has a decent cooling system.

Alex_A

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Thanks for all the help really appreciate it.
My final decision will be between the the LG gram, the new Dell XPS and the hp specter. I'll buy which ever one goes on sale. Will be sure to be back on this website if I need anything else.
Thanks for the help.