Can I take a game on a Android device, put it on a external sd card and keep game on Android device with sd card removed

Kimberly_29

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Both my grandson's have tablets. One has games, one doesn't. Can I put games on sd card so the one that doesn't will have games. Therefore they both have the games on each tablet

Solution
In short, no you can't take games from one device, put them on an SD card and copy them over to another device. You actually can't just put apps on a card either.

To have the apps (games) on the second tablet you would have to download them to that tablet. And if they require a purchase to do so, then that is what would have to be done.
In short, no you can't take games from one device, put them on an SD card and copy them over to another device. You actually can't just put apps on a card either.

To have the apps (games) on the second tablet you would have to download them to that tablet. And if they require a purchase to do so, then that is what would have to be done.

Solution

pacav69

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017

You could setup a google email account for each tablet and then goto google play to get the game/app and it will also stay up to date,