Cannot Connect Tablet To PC HELP!!

Mr Burns

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I am running windows xp pro sp3 and my tablet is google nexus 7 2nd generation. I installed the hardware with sucess however it will not show up in my computer. I watched a video on y'tube and it said just plug it in and it should just appear in my computer and i should be able to transfer files. it also said it should work with xp, vista and 7. No such luck. i tried the hardware trubleshooter in windows but when it tried to view the "windows hardware compatibiltiy list" it directed me to the microsoft website and just said "WINDOWS XP END OF SUPPORT UPGRADE NOW!". YES I KNOW!!! Youve been telling us for years now!!!! Whenever I plug it in it also says "MTP Media Player" and then opens up windows media player. This shows all the files but when i press the play button i cant even watch my videos! Why cant it just let me view everything in folders in the folder view like everything else???

I have links to screenshots of my problem as well if they help.

Link here: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/mrburns9/embed/slideshow/Problems%20Connecting%20Google%20Nexus%207%20to%20PC"></iframe>

Please Advise.

Solution

AGx-07_162

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
I didn't see a screenshot for it so I want to ask:

If you go to Start | My Computer and look under the section for "Devices with Removable Storage" (near your CD/DVD drive) does anything show up at all? It might not necessarily say "Nexus 7".

Is the issue that you can't connect the tablet to the PC or that you can't play the files from the tablet? What message do you get when you try to play/view the files and what format are they in? Does it show up in My Computer as a drive letter? If you say you can see the files, the issue is not with being able to connect it to the computer, its an issue with playing the files you have.

Solution