Status
Not open for further replies.

vickie68

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
I am looking to getting my first DSLR camera. I am looking at the Sony A390. However, I keep seeing that many like the Canon line better. I currently have a Canon Point and Shoot Digital. It eats batteries like they are M & M's Any suggetstions?

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

DSLRs usually are equipped with re-chargeable Lithium batteries. Nothing to worry here.

The two major contenders for DSLRs are Nikon and Canon. Read some detailed specs along with reviews on various models and then pick the one that suits your needs and matches your budget.

I have used Nikons for over 30 years and am extremely satisfied with their reliability and performance. Nikon lenses (film camera) that I bought 30 years ago still fit in the latest Nikon DSLRs.

Check B&H Photo as well as Newegg.

Once you buy a body of a certain make, you are committed to that brand of lenses and more bodies.
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

DSLRs usually are equipped with re-chargeable Lithium batteries. Nothing to worry here.

The two major contenders for DSLRs are Nikon and Canon. Read some detailed specs along with reviews on various models and then pick the one that suits your needs and matches your budget.

I have used Nikons for over 30 years and am extremely satisfied with their reliability and performance. Nikon lenses (film camera) that I bought 30 years ago still fit in the latest Nikon DSLRs.

Check B&H Photo as well as Newegg.

Once you buy a body of a certain make, you are committed to that brand of lenses and more bodies.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.