Solved! 'Can't find camera' Camera software randomly gone/deleted, can't fix

Kataphraktoi

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
Got an issue with my integrated camera on my HP laptop, I can't use my integrated camera anymore, when using the Windows camera app I get the message 'We can't find your camera...0xA00f4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>

In Device Manager, there is no software for cameras to be found at all.

I also cannot find any software/drivers from HP to fix the issue

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Specs for reference
HP Pavillion Laptop 15-au181na
Windows 10 64 bit home edition

Solution
If the webcam isn't listed under "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager, it's likely that it has failed and is therefore no longer detected.

There's no webcam software or driver on the HP website for that model because software/driver is either built in to the OS or is supplied automatically via Windows Updates --- in any event that won't help if the actual hardware is faulty, as I suspect it may be.

If the laptop is still covered by warranty, contact HP. Otherwise you can buy a clip-on webcam which plugs in to a USB port.
If the webcam isn't listed under "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager, it's likely that it has failed and is therefore no longer detected.

There's no webcam software or driver on the HP website for that model because software/driver is either built in to the OS or is supplied automatically via Windows Updates --- in any event that won't help if the actual hardware is faulty, as I suspect it may be.

If the laptop is still covered by warranty, contact HP. Otherwise you can buy a clip-on webcam which plugs in to a USB port.

Solution