Can't find video file on SD card even though it plays on camera

gold346

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
Using a Sony Handycam I shot some video and it plays fine on the camera but when I try to transfer it to my computer from the SD card (I'm positive the file is on the SD card) only a JPEG and a black MPG with audio from today is there plus other JPEGs and MPGs from other videos. Yet the actual video file is nowhere to be seen even when I searched in hidden folders. I have windows 8.1.

Solution
There were many files. What I ended up having to do was download a codec for .mpg to view the video in media player then take that playable file and convert it to .wmv to edit in movie maker. Sorry I didn't update the thread, after about 3 hours of trying stuff once I got it to work I just curled up in a ball for a while. Hopefully this helps anyone with the same problem in the future

gold346

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
There were many files. What I ended up having to do was download a codec for .mpg to view the video in media player then take that playable file and convert it to .wmv to edit in movie maker. Sorry I didn't update the thread, after about 3 hours of trying stuff once I got it to work I just curled up in a ball for a while. Hopefully this helps anyone with the same problem in the future

Solution