left4cookies

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hello,

I have tried to browse a little through the forums but haven't been lucky enough to come up with a solution.

My issue is that my Chrome browser is very slow. It uses up to 10 seconds to load when I open it up (using "New Page" as my startup page) and loading a site takes several+ seconds. When I hit a new site, the browser just goes blank white, Windows curse indicating that it is loading and a split-second before the page loads, it pops up with the usual "sending request" bar at the bottom of the screen.

Some potentially helpful info:
-I run Windows 7 SP1
-I have plenty (16GB) of RAM
-An SSD (which haven't show any errors)
-Event Viewer doesn't tell me anything useful about Chrome being slow
-I have cleaned cache/registry both with Chrome and CCleaner
-I have tried to reinstall Chrome
-IE works fine

andygee33

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hey,

I wouldn't exacly call it 'very' slow.. you should see my 20 yr old pc in action.. :sleep: and the noise is like a helicopter :na:
Not bad for 256mb ram these days, though

What does the task managers processes say to this?

Have you unchecked google updates in scheduled tasks? It's set to run every 2 min's which is ridiculous. Disable g update in processes as well. To manually update, go to spanner(chrome options), about google chrome.

Do you use avast anti-virus? I know they have some conflicts, but unsure.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Yip, one of the reasons I never had it installed anyway. All the other browsers work well and what Chrome might have more than the standard browser is or will be nonsens anyway, like the other browsers will not catch up.
I so a lot of issue about it on the net and that's why I never installed it.
I think it's more of a choise of liking a program or not.

andygee33

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

I wish I hadn't installed chrome :(
I'm going back to firefox partly for the customization and 'down them all', but mostly because I know it works and good tech support! Maby one day, google...

TRENDING THREADS