Solved! Connect hp pc audio to samsung tv

gabeo13

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hello,
I have my pc hooked up to my samsung lcd tv as a monitor via dvi/hdmi cable. For a couple days I have been intermitantly trying different cable configurations and updating drivers trying to get audio with no success. Please help me.

Solution

What output are you using or have available on your PC? DVI is only video so if you are using the DVI output and are using a DVI to HDMI adapter to the HDMI input of your tv then you are only going to get video. If it is your only digital output and you want to use it then you will have to use another form of audio and that depends on what you computer has for outputs and what your tv has for inputs. If you have SPDIF on both then great. If you are using an HDMI output on the PC to the TV...

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Though your HDMI carries audio, your DVI end cannot. Least, not that I know of.

Read more info at nVidea and AMD/ATI on their mainstream cards and higher end cards; see if they offer what you want.

Supe_

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009

What output are you using or have available on your PC? DVI is only video so if you are using the DVI output and are using a DVI to HDMI adapter to the HDMI input of your tv then you are only going to get video. If it is your only digital output and you want to use it then you will have to use another form of audio and that depends on what you computer has for outputs and what your tv has for inputs. If you have SPDIF on both then great. If you are using an HDMI output on the PC to the TV then you have to make sure you have the HDMI enabled on the computer as the audio path and maybe your tv input set to HDMI audio if it does not do it automatically.

Solution