Connecting LiteOn DVD recorder to new vizio d24f-f1.

trish007mol

Great
Aug 8, 2018
Bought adapter for av cables (y, w, r), on back of tv & HDMI for dvr to tv connection. DVD has no HDMI connection. Tv has no way to change composite and component in menu. I still can't watch dvd's on any input setting. Thinking I may now need to invest in a new DVD recorder?

trish007mol

Great
Aug 8, 2018
The lite on is a dd-a100gx & the vizio is a d24f-f1. The inputs on the remote and tv are hdmi 1 and 2, comp, 1 cable, smartcast and watchfree. The hdmi's are now dvr and dvd. I thought that might work for some reason. I also turned the tv off and disconnected then reconnected everything. Didn't work. I'm about to try connecting my Phillips r3475/37 which has an HDMI connection on the back, to the tv. I believe I only need one hdmi going from the dvr to the back of the tv, though.

trish007mol

Great
Aug 8, 2018
Also....when I select an HDMI, 1 cable or comp, I get this on the black screen 'no signal-tv Check if the source device is connected and powered on. Or press INPUT button to select the input for the source device'. Connected and powered on...yes, both are.

According to the LG DD-A100GX user's manual, the middle set of three RCA connections are Component outputs.You should be able to use those to connect to your HDTV. If not, then you can try to connect the Yellow (composite) output into the (I think) Green input of the Component connections on the HDTV.

Unfortunately, the user's manual for the HDTV is all but useless; giving generic images and saying, "This might be what you have".

-Wolf sends

trish007mol

Great
Aug 8, 2018
I must've tossed or misplaced the component wires I had. Connecting the yellow to the green and leaving the white and red where they were didn't work either. The first vizio I bought had an actual manual I only needed to look at the illustration that matched the back of the tv. This vizio (same model as the first), had a quick set up page only...for a different model vizio. Going to call lite on in the morning to see what they say.

trish007mol

Great
Aug 8, 2018
It looks as though i need a DVD recorder with an hdmi jack, which this liteon doesn't have. Bet it'll be fun shopping for one of those. If I find one, hope I don't forget to also buy the cable for it.

Thanks for all the help anyway!!

There are some cases where one of the three component inputs does double duty as a composite input. I thought it was the green input, but I could be wrong on that. Of course, it could be that this unit simply doesn't support that.

-Wolf sends

trish007mol

Great
Aug 8, 2018
The guy at liteon couldn't get why I had an rca 'Y' adapter on the back of the tv, when I only need the white and yellow, or red, connected. He was actually a bit rude when i was explaining why i did what i did to try to get the connection to work. His suggestion is a component to HDMI. May be able to get one from a co-worker. If not, Amazon with maybe 2 day delivery. If THAT doesn't work, I'll have to use the 'easy vcr to DVD3' I bought a couple months ago and burn discs on my laptop.

trish007mol

Great
Aug 8, 2018
Sorry, adding cause I didn't know.... Had the vizio, dvr, vcr and dvd recorder hooked up, but hdmi is only on the vizio and dvr. So i couldn't watch or record dvd's or vhs tapes. I want to record from dvr to vcr, or dvr to dvd, or when needed vcr to dvd. I recently bought at fry's an rca video audio switcher with s-video (probably won't use that. I thought if I connected the inputs to it (tv gets the output), I can then connect the other stuff with their outputs and be a happy camper. Hopefully? Or I need something else?