Connecting receiver, TV, cable box with/1 HDMI port? Help!!

Mar 22, 2018
How to hook up a Sony Ultra HD X900E TV, cable box with only 1 HDMI port, and a Pioneer AV VXS-530 receiver for surround sound with separate Yamaha YST-SW012 base?? Please help!

luketexas

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Your AV receiver has x4 HDMI in's and x1 HDMI out. Run all of your devices into the AV receiver, run a HDMI cable from the Out on the receiver to your TV's HDMI input. Use the AV receivers remote to switch between Input channels.
To have sound output from the TV, run either a SPDIF or Optical Fibre (TOSLINK) cable from the TV's Digital Audio out into the receivers Digital Audio In.

luketexas

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Your AV receiver has x4 HDMI in's and x1 HDMI out. Run all of your devices into the AV receiver, run a HDMI cable from the Out on the receiver to your TV's HDMI input. Use the AV receivers remote to switch between Input channels.
To have sound output from the TV, run either a SPDIF or Optical Fibre (TOSLINK) cable from the TV's Digital Audio out into the receivers Digital Audio In.

Mar 22, 2018

**Does the main coaxel cable go into the receiver, then set top box, then into TV or cable into the set top box, set top box to TV and receiver into TV also?? Sorry for the confusion. I'm not good at this stuff. Thanks for the help!

luketexas

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
All the devices you've just listed are essentially a set top box; you could use any of them as your digital TV receiver.
If you want to have TV channels on all devices then you could run a passthru to each device, but it's not necessary. For simplicity; just use the TV's coax in and if you want the sound to come out of your Home Theater system then just run a digital audio cable (as mentioned above) like digital coax (SPDIF) or optic fibre. Does this make sense?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Audio 2
J Audio 1
B Audio 1
J Audio 6
ynnoz Audio 2
H Audio 1
B Audio 1
T Audio 4
R Audio 1
P Audio 8
F Audio 8