Solved! Connection for VGA Monitor

anitd7

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Hi,

I got this old sony lcd monitor sdm-hs73 and I want to use in kitchen for watching netflix or youtube etc.
It does not have any speakers. I am looking for a TV wireless box to connect to the monitor but most of the equipment does not have VGA support or audio output. Does anyone know any product ? Thanks in advance.

anitd7

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017

Hi, Thanks for you answer. I did try many things. I bought some adapters ( MHL TO HDMI, HDMI to VGA, and some others) but none of them worked connecting my samsung s4 even the product said it works with s4. I ordered another adapter (Micro hdmi to vga) for my tablet. Lets see if that works. Thanks a lot.

Instead of buying adapters, why not just buy a newer screen with connections for what you have? There are plenty of new TVs/Monitors for cheap in smaller sizes, and can find them really cheap used. There are several 22-32" TVs in my area for well under $100, a few in the $40-50 range.

If you are trying to use your S4 phone, you may need to use a real Samsung adapter not some 3rd party one https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-hdmi-adapter-for-most-mhl-enabled-cell-phones/8620045.p?skuId=8620045&ref=199&loc=je6NUbpObpQ&acampID=1&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-7vB_LAmVOdcCpiSYS8nj4Q

Or just use a newer TV that allows for screen mirroring over WiFi, Miracast, etc...

Used TV with HDMI and an HDMI Android streaming stick should be about $100 for both.

anitd7

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Thanks for the message.
I know what you mean but I wanted to use the the old monitor instead of spending some money on new screens.
I received yesterday the adapter ( micro hdmi to VGA ) and it worked. So I don't need to connect to my s4 anymore. Tablet should be fine. Many thanks.