Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Subwoofer stopped working !

Ransome

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
My Creative Subwoofer just suddenly stopped working one day.
When running Windows's or Realtek's sound test - it won't produce any sound from the Sub, but the rest of the speakers are working.

Solution
So I had my PC disconnected for a while, because I was relocating a case fan and cleaning the PC up.
One day, after plugging the PC back up and running a sound test - I noticed the SUBWOOFER was not making any noise.

• -Tried to unplug and re-plug firmly the green/black/orange to green/black/orange/gray cable of my 7.1 Creative Surround
    Speaker System - to both the motherboard on-board soundcard, as well as on the Subwoofer end.
    -Also disconnected and re-connected all of the cables on the Subwoofer end.
    -Tried to reset the sound in Windows by changing to Stereo and back to 7.1 or 5.1.
    -Additionally I tried to uninstall and re-install Realtek's latest driver from Realtek's own site.
    -Tried restarting the PC several times.

There...

Ransome

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
So I had my PC disconnected for a while, because I was relocating a case fan and cleaning the PC up.
One day, after plugging the PC back up and running a sound test - I noticed the SUBWOOFER was not making any noise.

• -Tried to unplug and re-plug firmly the green/black/orange to green/black/orange/gray cable of my 7.1 Creative Surround
    Speaker System - to both the motherboard on-board soundcard, as well as on the Subwoofer end.
    -Also disconnected and re-connected all of the cables on the Subwoofer end.
    -Tried to reset the sound in Windows by changing to Stereo and back to 7.1 or 5.1.
    -Additionally I tried to uninstall and re-install Realtek's latest driver from Realtek's own site.
    -Tried restarting the PC several times.

There hasn't been any serious electrical blackouts/outages/spikes/jumps lately. I have a surge protector too. Didn't change anything.
Don't smell anything burned, can't see any physical damage. Everything looks fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS