Credit Card Phishing Site Found on Sony Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Really? I can't think of any off the top of my head.[/citation]

How about Xerox when they sold off the mouse that they thought was a stupid idea!

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
As long as there's no real repurcussions, sony has nothing to worry about. After all, isn't the reason we incorporate to limit or eliminate personal liability?

jeremiahpope

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[quoteHow about Xerox when they sold off the mouse that they thought was a stupid idea!][/quote]

I wish I could show up on your porch and pee on it. A company who loses out on good idea such as a mouse does not compare to a company that exposes millions of credit card #'s.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
[citation][nom]jeremiahpope[/nom]A company who loses out on good idea such as a mouse does not compare to a company that exposes millions of credit card #'s.[/citation]
It's not like Sony did this on purpose, they got hacked. Anybody can get hacked, it all depends on the system's security and the knowledge and patience of the hacker.

jeremiahpope

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]It's not like Sony did this on purpose, they got hacked. Anybody can get hacked, it all depends on the system's security and the knowledge and patience of the hacker.[/citation]

They should have shored up the network a little better. Maybe they should have shelled out more cash for better employees. If company's in general would start paying what good people are worth, maybe we would not have time to screw with things that do not pay money,

welltester

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
of course sony doesnt intend to get hacked, no company does, but with the amount of negative publicity theyve had in the last few weeks, they will eventually start taking a hit on the revenue side of things.

just the fact that people are reading about sony having a database of user information stolen, then an exploit in there password reset, after fixing the psn issue, and now a credit card phishing scam on there servers...a lot of ppl get very scared when you start hearing about information like that being stolen, and at the end of the day its sony's revenue that will eventually be hit hard if they dont do some serious P.R.

jeremiahpope

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]welltester[/nom]of course sony doesnt intend to get hacked, no company does, but with the amount of negative publicity theyve had in the last few weeks, they will eventually start taking a hit on the revenue side of things.just the fact that people are reading about sony having a database of user information stolen, then an exploit in there password reset, after fixing the psn issue, and now a credit card phishing scam on there servers...a lot of ppl get very scared when you start hearing about information like that being stolen, and at the end of the day its sony's revenue that will eventually be hit hard if they dont do some serious P.R.[/citation]
RIGHT

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]It's not like Sony did this on purpose, they got hacked. Anybody can get hacked, it all depends on the system's security and the knowledge and patience of the hacker.[/citation]

Ahh that maybe so, BUT they did not encrypt half of the information they had stored which is at best negligent and at worst down right criminal!

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Whomever compared sony to xerox's mouse deal needs to be shot....[/citation]

Or at the very least beaten with a 4-foot rubber dildo. Black.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]bear95[/nom]good bye sony? sooner or later...[/citation]
Doubtful.

Good bye PlayStation division, maybe, but goodbye the entire Sony Corporation? Nah.

I betcha Microsoft is checking and double checking their Live servers non-stop right now.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]Or at the very least beaten with a 4-foot rubber dildo. Black.[/citation]
Do they even make them that big? I know there are some ~2 foot ones and those are scary big.

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]Do they even make them that big? I know there are some ~2 foot ones and those are scary big.[/citation]

I know they sell chin strap ons believe it or not, so 4 foot dillies should be available too.

castle songbird

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Anybody who defends a corporation like they were a person is an idiot. A person is a self sustainable entity. A corporation only exists as the project of people. If those people were to vanish the corporation would vanish. A corporation should not have human rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.