David Clark Headset adapter?

Odoul

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
Hello all,

I'm using a U3800 system from David Clark for a work project. The headsets get treated pretty rough in the field and often fail. We have been constantly buying new headsets or repairing them. I have decided it is time to look for an alternative. I'd rather buy 10 $20 headsets than 10 $400 headsets.

All I really need is a single ear headset with a microphone. The noise cancelling isn't necessary for my application. The tricky thing is finding an adapter for this plug which i can't seem to find much information on. Please help!

Here is an image of the plug: http://imgur.com/mQfqS7I

Radio System: David Clark U3800 This is the radio system.

The headset we're trying to replace: Efff these expensive headsets

Please help. I know nothing about headsets.

argeru

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
We use David Clark headsets in the Air Force (can't imagine any aviation company who doesn't use them), and yes they cost alot. I work on aircraft and my headset gets treated to garbage conditions, but I still take care of it and it has worked perfectly since I got it.

What headset specifically are you using, maybe I can find an adapter for a 1/4" jack.

argeru

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
We use David Clark headsets in the Air Force (can't imagine any aviation company who doesn't use them), and yes they cost alot. I work on aircraft and my headset gets treated to garbage conditions, but I still take care of it and it has worked perfectly since I got it.

What headset specifically are you using, maybe I can find an adapter for a 1/4" jack.

Odoul

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
We use the ultra lightweights for 3 stations and the single ear headsets for one station. I will edit this with model numbers once I get to the shop in a bit. As far as what we would like to use, anything cheap. These guys don't take care of things real well. (Oilfield). Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
therealKVCRAFT Audio 2
C Audio 0
B Audio 1
K Audio 1
DavidAdwa Audio 1
Bobybooshay12 Audio 0
Teiro Audio 0
S Audio 0
AiapaecGaming Audio 0
C Audio 1
Dunedain Audio 0