Dell laptop freezes and makes buzzing noise

Oct 6, 2018
I've read forums saying it's a defective graphics chip to CPU problem and I've done steps that fix it temporarily such as chkdsk /f /r or SFC /SCANNOW in command prompt they seem to work but when my laptop goes to sleep and I wake it back up it happens again. My laptop is a Dell Inspirion 3567, specs are Intel i3-7000u and 12gb 2133 ram and 128gb ssd and graphics chip Intel HD 620. I often play games using a external drive on it along with a laptop cooling pad and wireless mouse. If anyone knows any way to fix it permanently it would be most appreciated.

Oct 6, 2018
I probably worded it wrong, The laptop will still be running and it'll make a buzzing noise along side freezing for a second and it happens about every 5 seconds.

Saga Lout

Glorious
If it isn't continuous, it could still be the fan if it's unbalanced. If you can get to it and clean any dust on one blade only, do, but if you can't you could buy a tin of compressed air and aim that through the fan's vent.

Oct 6, 2018
The freezing happens basically every 5 seconds but the buzzing noise the freezing makes happens when any audio is played whether it's games or videos and music and even windows noises.

Oct 6, 2018
Okay I think I might've fixed it. So it turned out I guess I had too much stuff on my computer so I moved most if not all of my miscellaneous stuff to a separate drive and now these problems seem to be gone.

Nov 7, 2018

Hello, I have the same thing its "lenovo z510" I read in the internet it's about auto driver updater, so I uninstalled "driverbooster" and uninstalled VGA + NVIDIA + Realtek sound ) drivers and installed them with latest updates manually, but still having the buzz + freeze in music and gaming

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
sm23 Laptop Tech Support 9
shresthabijay26 Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 15
Nobody321 Laptop Tech Support 11
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1