Dell Latitude E6410 Fans not being registered/too slow.

Jul 7, 2018
Hey, trying to find anyplace to control the fan speeds on my Dell Latitude E6410 and haven't been able to find anything regarding this, tried various different programs and even looked in the BIOS and found nothing regarding the fans. Can anyone please help? Overheating is too much of a problem and want to be able to change when the fans go to 20/40/60/80/100% (or anything in between). Even programs like Speccy, SpeedFan, and MSI Afterburner don't recognize the fans in my device, and I finally resorted to asking here.

Solution
Sounds like controlling the fan speed then isn't the problem.

You need to first clean out the interior of the device of all dust and debris. Including the vents.

Should that not be enough, then look into replacing the thermal paste. If overheating after this, then you may well need to replace the fans.

Also, always make sure nothing is obstructing the vents from getting good air flow.
Sounds like controlling the fan speed then isn't the problem.

You need to first clean out the interior of the device of all dust and debris. Including the vents.

Should that not be enough, then look into replacing the thermal paste. If overheating after this, then you may well need to replace the fans.

Also, always make sure nothing is obstructing the vents from getting good air flow.

Solution