Different brands,compatibility.

tweety88

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hello guys,first of all i want to apologize if my post goes to the wrong place,im new to this site.

i have 2 questions: First of all i have an LED LG 42LM620S Smart Tv 3D Full HD tv,and i want to buy a Philips Home Theatre( this one PHILIPS HTS3540/12).My question is can i connect these two different branded stuff with each other? If i do will work like and Lg home theatre? without compatibility issues?

My second question: I have an Asus K53SV notebook.I would like to know,can i connect my notebook to the home theatre system somehow to get the movie's sound on my 5.1 system?If i can can you please share me the possibilitys?

Thank you very much :)

tweety88

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
One more thing. If i replace the dvd player came with the Philips home theatre to a Philips Blu-ray 3D player can i connect the speakers to the new player? If i do it the 5.1 speakers will work same as with the player bought originally?

You have to make sure that the audio out of the TV is the correct type to connect to the Phillips HTiB. Most TVs have optical digital audio outputs.
The only compatibility issue will be that you may have to use two remotes where the same branded units may work with one.
If you add a Bluray you can connect it directly to the TV and get the sound through the same connection as above. You will not get the same sound however since you will not be able to use the lossless audio codecs that Blurays have. You will get the same sound as the DVD would give you.
If you bought a HTiB with the Bluray built in then you would probably get the better sound.

tweety88

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Thank you for your answer i appreciate it! Can't you please help me with connecting my laptop to the home theatre too? I just need some tips.
I have and idea with and Rca to 3,5 mm jack cable,is that possible? i connect the red and the white parts of the cable to the ''dvd player'' for examp. and the 3,5mm jack part to the Notebook audio out port.