Does my Android tablet have a phone number?

Mar 22, 2018
I want to receive a Kindle app from Amazon and they need a number to send it to. I''ve tried going to settings, and status as suggested in previous thread but no number shows. Does this tablet simply not have a number? This is an Android that I bought at Walmart.

Tablets, unless you have a SIM and service through a carrier/service provider, don't have phone numbers. Actually it is the same with a phone. You can have a phone, but without it having service, it can't have a phone number. Well not a standard one anyway.

There are apps you can use to make calls from devices (and have a phone number), as long as you can access WiFi. However I can't say if that phone number would work. Depends on what they want it for. It seems rather odd that getting an app requires a phone number. No app needs that kind of info.

hang-the-9

Titan

Something does not add up here, Amazon does not send you an app, especially not to a phone number, you go to the app store and install it. Go to the Google Play store, search for Kindle, install it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sia111 Android Tablets 6
Xaibior Android Tablets 1
Ayefee Android Tablets 1
D Android Tablets 2
G Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 1
H Android Tablets 1
Z Android Tablets 3
M Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 2
L Android Tablets 1