AadyaTisya

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
Hello, we just bought a new home where owner had home theater installed nicely in the living room. Cables were all concealed behind the drywall. A/V Receiver, etc were at least 20 feet away from TV, Soundbar, etc. His cabling was all DVI + Component wiring. Now we have everything based on HDMI. How do I run my apple TV, A/V Receiver over this set of cables? Do I need to have all these cable replace or there are converter to do these? Pls advise!

Solution
DVI and HDMI are the same except DVI doesn't have audio. If you are using an AV receiver that is not an issue. Just connect all your sources to the receiver. Use an HDMI to DVI adapter on the receiver HDMI output and connect the existing DVI cable. At the TV you will need a DVI to HDMI adapter unless your TV has a DVI input.
DVI and HDMI are the same except DVI doesn't have audio. If you are using an AV receiver that is not an issue. Just connect all your sources to the receiver. Use an HDMI to DVI adapter on the receiver HDMI output and connect the existing DVI cable. At the TV you will need a DVI to HDMI adapter unless your TV has a DVI input.

Solution