EA Sees $641 million Q4 Loss, More Titles Delayed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowdown

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
EA needs to stop buying companies that it can't support and actually work on putting out quality games instead of a swarm of sub-par games. I've always hated hearing how EA has bought great game companies and bring them down to their knees. I'm not a console person at all but what kind of idiots at EA can't see how big the Wii is, its not going anywhere anytime soon. Would hate to see people loose their jobs but I hope EA starts making changes, no bailouts for them.

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
I have a PC and a Console. I prefer PC games. I like the interface better and usually i can get better graphics. Also, console games cost too much. Mirrors Edge is like $70 USD for the Xbox 360 and $40 for the PC. My 360 is basically a DVD player. I think the last game I bought for it was Assassins Creed. Fallout 3 on the PC was awesome. Once I finished it I played around with the cheat codes and stuff. It's the game I load if I just feel like sniping stuff for a while.

G

EA should of known better than to screw with loyal fans that supported them!! DRM is totally there downfall and they will have to learn the hard way. I've totally banned them and will not support them with DRM involved in their titles!! It's is really a shame they treat their customers like criminals!! Hopefully they will learn from their lossess!!

Twist86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
I feel sorry for the people who lose their jobs but its good to see EA is suffering.

Maybe once they lose another 500+ million they will start to listen to their customers and provide real gameplay again.

buzznut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
Yeah they closed several good studios, then turned around and shelled out a ton of money for a casual game service. I think you could find a lot of that loss came from that purchase.
Everyone in the industry thinks that DLC is the way of the future, you're going to see less and less quality studios producing less and less quality titles.
Why? because everyone and their slow-witted cousin is playing f*ing farmville.

Which is a really $#!77Y app BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.