Dec 24, 2016
Ellipsis 10 won't turn on. It froze. I turned it off and tried to start it again, but it wouldn't turn on; so I tried to charge it. When I return about two hours later to check on it, the device was really hot and still wouldn't turn on. I waited until it cooled down and tried to charge again but it did the same thing (got really hot and still won't turn on). Please help!

Solution
It sounds like you may need a new battery. That can make it get hot if it isn't functioning correctly.

However, before doing that, I would check with the manufacturer to see if they will repair/replace the tablet. If it is still under warranty that is. Better to have them do it, and possibly at no cost, than to open it up and void the warranty.

If it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of trying to do the work yourself, or taking it to a local tech/repair shop. And yes I know most tablets are made to make it a pain to get to the battery, but it can be done. You just have to be really careful.
It sounds like you may need a new battery. That can make it get hot if it isn't functioning correctly.

However, before doing that, I would check with the manufacturer to see if they will repair/replace the tablet. If it is still under warranty that is. Better to have them do it, and possibly at no cost, than to open it up and void the warranty.

If it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of trying to do the work yourself, or taking it to a local tech/repair shop. And yes I know most tablets are made to make it a pain to get to the battery, but it can be done. You just have to be really careful.

Solution

muschikeks18

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017

Hi there. (I have another WORKING SOLUTION for getting one's Ellipsis 10 tablet to turn on or show a charge, when everything else seems to have failed). I just got my Ellipsis 10 tablet to start charging after an entire year of being "dead"!

My solution to getting my Ellipsis 10 tablet to turn on/show a charge:

(1) I took my USB android phone charger (not even the original ellipsis charger; which I lost it) and plugged the USB cord into my laptop.
(2) After a few seconds, my tablet flashed (I screamed) and it showed it was 0% charged when I pushed the power button.
(3) I waited a few minutes and pressed the power button again, which read that it was at 1%.
(4) Next, I held down the power button and the volume down button together, for about 10-20 seconds. My tablet finally turned on after all this time! Now I will let it sit for most of the day to re-charge.

I really hope this helps someone else out there!