thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I'm looking at getting a dslr to start taking pics. I have a sony digital camera that just isn't getting the job done (blurry, poor pic. quality in certain lighting conditions etc). I'm looking for a camera in the 10mp -15mp range, with 3 fps, image stabilization and if possible 1080 video within the $600-$700 range. This maybe a hobby/family thing and not for anything job related or professional. I'd just like something to take good pics basically. What are some good entry level dslr's? Thanks.

Solution
Just bear in mind that the Canon and Nikon bodies don't offer image stabilization. Both systems have that in the lenses (not in all lenses). To get IS in the body you'll have to look at Sony and a few other brands - just make sure to check the specs of the body you're considering.

Spookybear

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
the 1000d is the best beginner camera hands down, nothing beats it at its price

But if you want fullhd videos, get a 550d, but be prepared to pay alot more than for a 1000d

boibknud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Just bear in mind that the Canon and Nikon bodies don't offer image stabilization. Both systems have that in the lenses (not in all lenses). To get IS in the body you'll have to look at Sony and a few other brands - just make sure to check the specs of the body you're considering.

Solution

thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately there's rumour here at the office about more layoffs looming so I'm holding off on big purchases for a little while. Thanks though.