Ever heard of nextbook?

Novel8

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
I had a friend who bought this tablet after watching a demo on the HSN Network. The only problem he had was the wi-fi connection, which was Poor in other rooms of his home, except if he was in front of his router. Other than that he liked it, nice resolution, latest apps, Google Play. So my question is "if one wants a tablet, is it only good as one's wi-Fi connections? How could one tell, unless one buys a tablet to test it out? BTW, the router and the tablet both had 'n' readings. Because of this he sent it back. They are selling on e-bay too.

Solution
If your tablet is connected to your mobile service is uses the data from that service, so if your plan has 2gb of data then the tablet will use the data from that 2gb. The tablet doesn't use the min of the plan since you don't use it like a cell phone it just uses the data.
3g and 4g are the actual broadcast speeds of the service and if you have a smartphone you can use both data and minutes from your plan.

inzone

Splendid
With tablets you have the option to use it with a Wi-Fi connection or you can get one that can use 3g or 4g and you sign up with a cell phone carrier and use their service as well as Wi-Fi.
My wife has the Apple ipad and it's the version that just uses Wi-Fi and she can connect to the Wi-Fi and use it through out the house. The connection works the same as the laptop and where the laptop looses signal so does the ipad, the router is on the first floor and the ipad works in all the rooms on the first floor. Upstairs it looses signal towards the far end of the second floor so I have a range extender there to add coverage.

I think if you start looking at noname products and ones that are not popular then the quality may be poor and a cheap price is a good indication of poor quality parts inside.

Novel8

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

The scenario you mentioned so happened to me. I live on 2 levels and I use my net book pc upstairs, and the wi-fi reading always says 'fair' or 'poor', and yet it does not seem to be less efficient. My friend brought his tablet over to my place to try it out before he sent it back, and got the same results i got with my net book ( Fair or Poor ) and yet he had a hard time getting on the internet, whereas i didn't have that problem with my net book. You mentioned 3G,4G...now, I just bought my first cell phone that comes with 3G and I can see that when it comes into play, my phone minutes get less and less. Is this the same way with tablets? Does one get charged for using 3G or whatever "G's" on a tablet?

inzone

Splendid
If your tablet is connected to your mobile service is uses the data from that service, so if your plan has 2gb of data then the tablet will use the data from that 2gb. The tablet doesn't use the min of the plan since you don't use it like a cell phone it just uses the data.
3g and 4g are the actual broadcast speeds of the service and if you have a smartphone you can use both data and minutes from your plan.

Solution