External gpu + Cooling fan?

Farrel

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Hey!,

I have an old ux31a. I want to play games thats not really going to hit on my igpu. Like Csgo. But it seems like it hits at around 85w at load. I have looked around the web and seems like using integrated gpu can affect cpu heat. And id likr to invest on a cooling fan as well to cool it down. So would a cooling fan + eGpu do the trick?. Id like to travel so having something light as an ultrabook but pretty damn powerful on light gaming aint bad. No im not going to buy a better notebook. And yes i have a Pc, but its not as portable.

Thanks!

Also, anyone experienced on using Ux31a? Does a cooling fan help?

fry178

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
there are solution with external solutions, but they need a connection/cooling/power and most of them are just cases, and the gpu being separate.
so expect to spend around 400$ (i dont see it making sense to have eGPU if its low end), IF you can connect it to your laptop.

your laptop is old, a newer one could have everything build in, more energy efficient, more ram, dedicated gpu, new battery, new OS,
and no external box to carry around when traveling...

not sure why you want to keep something...

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rog-announces-xg-station-2-external-box-for-desktop-graphics-cards.html

fry178

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
there are solution with external solutions, but they need a connection/cooling/power and most of them are just cases, and the gpu being separate.
so expect to spend around 400$ (i dont see it making sense to have eGPU if its low end), IF you can connect it to your laptop.

your laptop is old, a newer one could have everything build in, more energy efficient, more ram, dedicated gpu, new battery, new OS,
and no external box to carry around when traveling...

not sure why you want to keep something...

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rog-announces-xg-station-2-external-box-for-desktop-graphics-cards.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lucasblack29 Laptop Tech Support 1
Pokz Laptop Tech Support 1
sulphur88 Laptop Tech Support 1
miluti Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
nidelimit Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2
chaplark Laptop Tech Support 1
K-kurt Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 0