fACEBOOK VIDEO NOT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Hi,

I have windows 10 and I'm using Firefox nightly and I have tried other browsers as well. When I go to facebook to watch the videos that other people and news stations have posted I can't run them.I can see the video It has a white cirlce with a white triangle like a play button in the middle of it and when I hit the play button all I get is a blank black box with three white bars scrolling across to try and play the video but it never does. My youtube videos are using the html 5 video player because for some reason I can't use flash anymore in Firefox or google Chrome or Ie or maxthon or any browser. I have flash player installed on my computer version 27 npapi and 27 ppapi I can run videos in youtube and they rin in html 5 cause I can't run them in flash anymore. Or at least I don't know how. I downloaded the add on for firefox and google Chrome but that does not work.

This is frustrating any help would be great!!

Thank you!!

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

Yes I did I updated it also to the latest version 27 that I mentioned in my previous post. And I uninstalled and reinstalled 26 and Older versions without sucess... I think it's just that Certain browsers are only using html5 but I'm not sure. That's why I'm writing in here.

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

Yes I did I updated it also to the latest version 27 that I mentioned in my previous post. And I uninstalled and reinstalled 26 and Older versions without sucess... I think it's just that Certain browsers are only using html5 but I'm not sure. That's why I'm writing in here. I have the facebook videos working now in Firefox and other browsers Like ie. but I still cannot run adobe flash with youtube videos only html5. If that's because the have discontinued it then I understand but I'm not sure if there is a trick to getting adobe flash activated so it will be used when I watch youtube videos

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
Generally, videos with a white triangle in a blue box or circle are WebGL, not Flash or HTML5.

WebGL and WebGL2 is an API for javascript to draw objects, and requires hardware support (not just for acceleration--to even work). It's OpenGL but most browsers in Windows use an ANGLE wrapper to translate calls into Direct3D. To check it it's chrome://gpu for Chrome and about:support for Firefox, and look for the WebGL entries under Graphics.

If it's blacklisted, Facebook does have a page showing how to force enable it.

There's also a way to force Youtube to use Flash instead of HTML5 in case your GPU can hardware accelerate H.264 only in Flash--it really can considerably reduce CPU load.

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
BTW Firefox have been busily removing support for NPAPI, and since Firefox 52 the only one that still works is Flash, but as of 55 it's "ask to activate" only, so you have to whitelist sites:
August 2017
Starting with Firefox 55 in August 2017, users must choose which sites are allowed to activate the Flash plugin. Users will have the choice to remember the Flash setting per-site. This change will be rolled out progressively during August and September 2017.
Next year they will even intentionally forget your whitelist between sessions so you will have to okay it each time.

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Hi I have not had time to try your possible fixes yet. I will get to them soon and let you knpow my results I paid 70 dollars to get the facebook videos to autoload again through Remote connection to my computer. So the facebook videos run again However On all my Browsers Maxthon 5 Maxthon 4 Firefox Google Chrome Ie Vavaldi avant browser slim browser, spark I cannot get youtube videos to use the adobe flash player when playing them Neither could the tech support people that I called. Anmd they had remote acsess

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

Flash video seems to always run more smoothly in the past and uses less resources than html5 Now though I can't run it in any browser at all I have an add on for firefox YouTube™ Flash-HTML5 and it allows me to choose between flash and html5 but everytime I choose flash and then go to youtube to play a video it says. Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. The underneath it says go to this page for Html 5 frequently asked Questions. So could anyone maybe see if flash is working on there computers with firefox or any browser when they try to play a youtube video. Oh and the site that I got the remote tech support from is USTECNICALSUPPORT.COM

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Well I have a piece of software called Roll back rx and I used it right after I made the call for tech support and I rolled it back to a previous date and time before I did the remote connect with this tech support people. So I'm Okay and for some reson the videos in my facebook feed were playing again. So all is set there with this problem now problem number 2 is that I still cannot get the youtube videos to play with the flash player only html5 but it's okay as I believe the fix would be to lower the versions of my web browsers to go to earlier versions for Firefox Firefox nightly Maxthon Google Chrome Etc. And I'm not sure that I want to do that so I guess I will stay with The versions that I have and use Html5.

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

I have another issue though. This is in firefox Nightly and firefox nightly only but I like these browsers. Yes I could use another browser but I have all of my bookmarks here and I could saved them to other browsers which I have done but still I would Like this issue fixed. When I go into youtube the menu on the left where Home is and the Library and My history and all my subscriptions I can't click on any of them and get into those sites. The mouse pointer does not turn into a hand so that I can click on it and get into the site. Any help with this. If worse comes to worse I will save the favorites to and html file on my computer and import them back to firefox and firefox nightly after I renistall clean versions.

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Oh and My system is a custom build I have 32 Gigs of memory I have an i7 3770 Processor 4th gen I have a gigabyte z77x ud5h Motherboard (onboard audio and video but I'm not using onboard video I'm using an Nvidia gt 640. Desktop computer windows 10 64 bit. This is a custom Built computer since 2010 but it still is quick enough for flash ssd drive main c drive 3 slave drives and One Usb external drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.