hsdjustin98

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017
I recently purchased an open box geek squad certified G15 Zephyrus https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...pse-grey-eclipse-grey/6448848.p?skuId=6448848 . Upon startup, the windows 11 setup feature felt kind of sluggish for some odd reason. I didn't think much of it so I continued to set it up. Then my wifi wasn't finding any router in my area which was odd. So I went into cmd, got onto task manager, and ended a task to have me able to skip the wifi section of the startup. I was on the windows desktop, again, it felt kind of sluggish still. I have a desktop computer with an i5-8400 and gtx 1060 3gb with 16 gb ddr4 ram and 1 tb SSD. Knowing how inferior the specs were on paper, windows feels way more quicker and snappier on the desktop rather than my laptop. I didn't think of it much, because the main priority as of then was to get wifi. I went to troubleshoot my network adapter and it said I don't have a good driver with the network adapter. I called up geek squad and the man said since I don't have an ethernet cable I'd have to take it in for them to install it for me. He also said since the geek squad does a full reset of the laptop, the drivers must've glitched out. Does that also explain why my windows 11 on my g15 feels kind of sluggish??? Another problem is that there's a crackling noise when I change the volume on windows 11. You know when you click on an area of the slider it makes a ding*** sound to show you how loud it is right? When I pressed on the slider it dinged following a little crackle. Is that also from the driver? I'm not sure, I'm very nervous about this laptop and I'm thinking about returning it, because I bought it for $1.4k. It's also geek squad certified so I basically thought it'd be like brand new. What should I do? Is it weird that a laptop of this caliber feels sluggish? I also checked the "hz" and it was running on 65 hz. It didn't give me an option to change it, that's probably why too? But my desktop is running on a monitor that I got for $100 and it's 60 Hz as well and it's way more snappier and responsive than this laptop. I don't know anymore, I feel like I should just return it, it's stressing me out too much for something so new.

hsdjustin98

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017
I just hopped on the laptop again and tried to change the refresh rate. I wasn't even doing anything that would require heavy PC performance and the laptop fans just started going crazy.