Hacked and a user was added but I can't delete it! Help!

DerekForDayz

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hi everyone. I was hacked about a month ago and someone remotely stole my pictures. Not a big deal though because they can't really do anything with them but look at them. Anyway, they added a user account remotely that had the same name as my normal one, but I could tell the difference between the two because I had set a pin on my regular one. The only problem is is that when I go to delete the user, windows thinks it isn't even there. Help is appreciated.

Solution
Ehh, all they do is waste time. A full format reinstall will wipe everything, all malware, all passwords, all users... Everything. Using those programs will be only if op wants to try and salvage anything, which at this point is debatable as there's no telling exactly how anything is now linked, could be half a dozen backdoor passes that do not respond to malware checkers as they aren't malware but a passworded access point.

If someone breaks into your house using a key they made, swapping the front door lock with the back door lock doesn't do anything. Better to replace the locks entirely as you have no clue which door was actually used.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Don't bother with any intermediate 'fixes'.
Wipe and reinstall.

ss202sl

Honorable
If there's nothing special about your pictures, then they were after something else, and made it look like they were only after your pics.
Don't do anything on this computer until it is wiped. It's compromised. and you have to believe that everything(not just pictures) was taken(copied)

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Ehh, all they do is waste time. A full format reinstall will wipe everything, all malware, all passwords, all users... Everything. Using those programs will be only if op wants to try and salvage anything, which at this point is debatable as there's no telling exactly how anything is now linked, could be half a dozen backdoor passes that do not respond to malware checkers as they aren't malware but a passworded access point.

If someone breaks into your house using a key they made, swapping the front door lock with the back door lock doesn't do anything. Better to replace the locks entirely as you have no clue which door was actually used.

Solution