hdd trouble (asus)

oozozoo

Estimable
Oct 25, 2014
(asus k55vj) I have installed a new ssd and put my hdd to a caddy. Now the ssd is works fine, but I can't see my hdd in my computer. However in device management I can see it as a optical drive.

Suggestions?

Solution
Hi there oozozoo,

First of all, you should go to Disk Management and see how is the drive recognized over there. Does it have letter assigned as well as healthy partitions and file system?
Apart from that, my guess would be that there is something wrong with the caddy. You can try another one or get a USB to SATA cable.
In case you have data on the drive, I would advise you to connect it internally(to another system if you can't connect it to yours) and back it up until the issue is resolved.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there oozozoo,

First of all, you should go to Disk Management and see how is the drive recognized over there. Does it have letter assigned as well as healthy partitions and file system?
Apart from that, my guess would be that there is something wrong with the caddy. You can try another one or get a USB to SATA cable.
In case you have data on the drive, I would advise you to connect it internally(to another system if you can't connect it to yours) and back it up until the issue is resolved.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

Solution