hdmi cable --desktop to tv

texxs

Estimable
May 31, 2015
ive connected a hdmi cable from computer to tv..switched the channels to the hdmi channels and nothing will work..i know the hdmi cable works because it will work on my tv in the bedroom but wont with the tv in the livingroom..ps3 and dvd will work but tv wont recognize my desktop

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Right click on your desktop and open your display settings, or screen resolution. Switch the display settings to hdmi.

If you are using a laptop, press fn+f8 on your keyboard to switch the displays.

texxs

Estimable
May 31, 2015

i have looked and there is nothing under the display settings about switching to hdmi

Try setting the TV as a 2nd display in your video control panel. Set the resolution of that display to the native resolution of the TV. If your laptop display resolution is not compatible with the TV you won't get a picture when mirroring that display onto the TV.
It also makes a difference which you turn on first. Try switching to and from the HDMI input that your pc is connected to a few times after the pc is on.

holyprof

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
After connecting the TV via HDMI, restart the PC so it can properly detect the TV. I had problems with sound when using HDMI to hook my PC to the TV, i tried everything and nothing worked unless the PC is restarted after you plug the HDMI cable.