Hdmi on set top box to dvi via adapter to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confused_

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
I connected the HDMI output of a HD digital set up box via HDMI/DVI adapter to the DVI input of a Samsung monitor to watch TV. The monitor only display a window saying "check signal cable. Analog". I checked the cable. It is well connected. What can I do from here?

Solution

Hey this is simple, I am using old Samsung LCD monitor, one monitor for two PC, one is VGA and another is DVI, I will switch on the go while PRESS Search for signal button in the monitor. (in my monitor - from the...

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Not 100% sure what you are doing, but you should connect the device directly to the display using either an HDMI or a DVI cable, not through some sort of adapter. If you are needing audio from the display also best you use HDMI as it has an audio signal connection, DVI does not.

Confused_

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Thank you Illuyasha and Popatim, I'll make it clearer. I want to use my computer monitor to watch TV through an HD digital setup box. The monitor has a DVI input while the setup box has a HDMI output. Therefore I need an adapter HDMI/DIV to connect them.
When the monitor shows "Check the signal cable" and beneath it there is the word "Analog" I could not work out what it means. Does it mean the monitor is not HDCP compliant so it cannot be used for watching TV or anything else. So I need help.
When the monitor

dhamodharen

Honorable
May 23, 2012

Hey this is simple, I am using old Samsung LCD monitor, one monitor for two PC, one is VGA and another is DVI, I will switch on the go while PRESS Search for signal button in the monitor. (in my monitor - from the bottom third button)(it will show check vga cable, which means its searching for signal in one monitor port, if ur monitor is having multi port u need to search according to it - best refer monitor manual for signal change)

you can refer the link for the monitor model number

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/pictures/samsung2233rz-1l.jpg

Solution

dhamodharen

Honorable
May 23, 2012
please don't here TV show room guys all of them are not experts. Think logically HDMI transfers Digital signal through HDMI interface so you can plug any HDMI in port in monitor or in TV, even if you plug that in HDMI premium speakers you can get true HD audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.