Solved! Hdtv-computer no sound

James36

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I have a brand new HP computer connected to a several years old HDTV by an HDMI-DVI cable. Picture works (after a lot of tinkering with the settings), but no sound. I would appreciate any assistance with this problem.

Thanks

Solution
Hello there,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion, The best and most common method of connecting your plasma 1080p HDTV is to do so with a HDMI cable. This is the preferred method because HDMI can carry both digital video and up to eight channels of digital audio between two sources. If you have your HDTV already hooked up to the home theater audio system this is especially effective. There are other methods to connect a PC to a HDTV. These include S-Video, component video, and a DVI-HDMI converter or cable.

Thanks a lot again
Dainard Jackson

James36

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

That's what I bought with the computer, only to find that there is no HDMI port on my computer.

Dainard Jackson

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Hello there,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion, The best and most common method of connecting your plasma 1080p HDTV is to do so with a HDMI cable. This is the preferred method because HDMI can carry both digital video and up to eight channels of digital audio between two sources. If you have your HDTV already hooked up to the home theater audio system this is especially effective. There are other methods to connect a PC to a HDTV. These include S-Video, component video, and a DVI-HDMI converter or cable.

Thanks a lot again
Dainard Jackson

Solution