High color jittery LCD but external monitor normal

yrralrellim

Honorable
May 9, 2013
I have a Dell Inspiron N5030 with a video problem (NOT the same N5030 as my question asked yesterday). My LCD screen video basic desktop display is jittery with the color set to true color. If I set on high color, neither the LCD nor the external monitor displays any video problem. If I set on true color, the LCD display is slightly jittery but the external monitor display is normal. Windows 7 Home premium 32-bit tells me that my monitor.sys driver is up-to-date. Could this possibly be an LCD cable problem please or is it most likely to be the LCD itself? Thank you.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps first before replacing the LCD itself and it may save you time and money. :)
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- If all these will not work then it's the LCD itself that needs a replacement.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps first before replacing the LCD itself and it may save you time and money. :)
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- If all these will not work then it's the LCD itself that needs a replacement.

Solution

yrralrellim

Honorable
May 9, 2013
I tried every troubleshooting step and I still get the jitters (just on true color). I tried a different LCD with it own cable on the original motherboard base unit and I get the jitters as well. I tried the original LCD with its own cable on a different motherboard base unit and voila!, no jitters. Thus I have determined that the original motherboard base unit has defective integrated video. :(