L33r0yJ

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
Hey all.. I am a design student / photographer looking for a Notebook as equally stunning as it is powerful. I currently own a dated gaming Asus laptop that i cannot use for editing photos because of the poor color spectrum. Anyone in the art field knows Mac runs the show with the retina display but I've been PC my whole life, I'd like to keep it that way if i can find a good enough alternative.

I know the Macbook Pro 2016 model is supposedly releasing soon and the specs sound enticing so i need solid alternatives for a 15'' display. Right now the top of my list sits the Asus NX500 as the sleekest design and brilliant display. its recent price drop to $1700 from $2500 make me interested and also speculative of a newer model possibly in the works (since it was released in 2014). The other Notebook i consistently hear is the XPS 15 but quite honestly i think the Asus NX500 has a much higher curb appeal and I'm shallow enough to take that into consideration when i sit down at a table with all Mac users.

As a curve ball I will throw in gaming laptops into the ring as i do want as good of a performing machine as possible as long as the display is top knotch like the GL552VW (although im unsure about the display). Price isnt an issue under $2500.

Priorities - 1. Color accuracy 2. Performance 3. Appearance

L33r0yJ

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015

My main concern with Gaming laptops is the focus on performance rather than display. Are there any Sager or Asus notebooks that can cover 97% - 100% RGB?

L33r0yJ

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015

I have seen that page. i thought it was interesting they went with the cheaper asus version to roll with since the review on this page noting the zenbook hits the 97% http://www.ultrabookreview.com/4928-zenbook-nx500-macbook-pro/