Simon de Bruijn

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Hi,

A few weeks ago I bought my self a beamer (OPTOMA HD141X) and a surround audio system(PHILIPS HTB5580G). I use my Playstation 3 & 4 as mediadevices and play mkv-files from a usb.
For now I have the hdmi-cables going to my beamer and from my ps3/ps4 I use a optical cable to route the audio to the audiosytem (which also has a hdmiport btw).

I would like to also be able to play DTS-HD Master or Dolby TrueHD, I now use files with a AAC/AC3 audio format. I know this isn't possible through optical cable. But the problem is my audio set-up is on the opposite side of my mediadevices and the beamer. So I can't really connect the beamer and audiosystem via hdmi.

Does anyone know a solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Solution
PS3/PS4 does not support DTS aduio (at least not from media player). So bottom line the only way to get DTS out of PS4 is using a BluRay Disk and HDMI cable.

My suggestion would be to get a raspberry PI (and case, power supply, sd card) and instal OpenElec/KODI onto it.

It is a very nice looking media player software/front end that does a wonderfull job of cataloging and displaying your media.
If your videos are stored on your ocmputer then instead of using USB sticks you can just have the raspberry pi access a network share on the PC/NAS you store the movies on.
PS3/PS4 does not support DTS aduio (at least not from media player). So bottom line the only way to get DTS out of PS4 is using a BluRay Disk and HDMI cable.

My suggestion would be to get a raspberry PI (and case, power supply, sd card) and instal OpenElec/KODI onto it.

It is a very nice looking media player software/front end that does a wonderfull job of cataloging and displaying your media.
If your videos are stored on your ocmputer then instead of using USB sticks you can just have the raspberry pi access a network share on the PC/NAS you store the movies on.

Solution