How do fix my Toshiba Satellite L775-S7102 Shuts Off multiple times ?

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then test it again.
- If these will not work, remove the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will stay on.
- If it doesn't stay on with just the AC adapter you may need to open the laptop to reseat the RAM's.
- Remove all the RAM's off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Also if you can hear your laptop on but there's no display on the screen connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means your...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then test it again.
- If these will not work, remove the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will stay on.
- If it doesn't stay on with just the AC adapter you may need to open the laptop to reseat the RAM's.
- Remove all the RAM's off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Also if you can hear your laptop on but there's no display on the screen connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means your laptop is not shutting down it's just the LCD that is acting up or faulty.
- Another troubleshooting step you can try is to try a different AC adapter and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work the problem lies on the motherboard.

Solution

jtheires

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Sorry, I don't have a solution, but other symptoms on my Toshiba Satellite A105-S2051 (model PSAA2U-049018).

Upon pressing the power switch, my unit turns on (all LEDs on) for ~2 seconds, then cycles off by itself, then back on again (six times total). It happens the same with or without power adapter, with or without battery, and with no hard drive, RAM, optical drive or other devices attached.

I have performed all of the suggestions presented here and elsewhere, with no changes in symptoms.

One clue is that this unit has provisions for 2 devices under the rear cover, adjacent to the RAM connectors.

One has a connector about 2" long with maybe 70 pins (marked with "63BJB"), and the opening for the mystery module is about 2" wide (squarish). Two wires (black and white) are present with round connectors are present but disconnected.

The other opening is about 1.5" square and has a 12-pin SOIC-type connector and again two wires, this time with a push-on 2-pin female connector. There are also 2 female screw lugs, presumably to mount the mystery module to the motherboard beneath.

These modules could be wireless (Wifi, bluetooth, etc.) or other configurable items.
I'll try to include photos if this board allows, but I don't see a button to include photos at this moment. I've posted a photo at: http://jamesheiresconsulting.com/images/IMG_2868.JPG
My question is if either of these 2 mystery modules are required to boot to BIOS/POST.

TRENDING THREADS