How do I burn an AVI file to a DVD?

citystreet

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I have a few video avi files that I would like to burn to DVD, but I do not know how.
I tried to put them into Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, but when I would import them it would only import the audio and not the video. Is there a way to fix that? or do I have to use another program to burn a DVD?

steadfast1984

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
if your running windows XP, you have to get a program that can burn data dvd's. google PowerISO, download that, its got a simple data burning subroutine. All you do is drag and drop the files you want to burn into the PowerISO and click burn. make sure you dont go past 4.7GB's or there will be to much data for the size of the dvd....
if your running Windows 7, there is a built in program that burns files to disk. its in the start menu called "windows dvd maker"
good luck. and don't forget to do your research.

citystreet

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009

I want to be able to burn a AVI file to a DVD and be able to watch it using a DVD player

GH057

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Download the latest version of ConvertX to DVD and use that. It is very simple to use and also has some advanced features for creating menus and chapter settings.

citystreet

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
thanks guys! I will try various ones and see which one I like best. So far I only used the DVD maker that came with Windows 7 but it took extremely long. Like a few hours long. I'm pretty sure thats not normal haha

emma lee

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
I onced burned video files directly to DVD-R, but it can't be played on my home DVD player. Later I learned that if one want to play the DVD on home DVD player, you need first convert video files to DVD format, which is in form of "AUDIO_TS", "VIDEO_TS" and then burn them to DVD disc, so then you can watch it from dvd player on TV.
I often use X2X Free Video to DVD converter and X2X Free DVD Video Burner to achieve this purpose. You can get this two small freeware here: http://www.x2xsoft.com
I hope my experience can help you avoid detours.