Solved! How or can I use my HP Chromebook as a screen monitor for my Kodak PIXPRO AZ401

Jan 23, 2019
I am new to video making and I just purchased a HP Chromebook touchscreen and also a Kodak PIXPRO AZ401 and will be using it for makeup tutorials. My HP Chromebook has a front camera and it says HD but the resolution is not so great. Please can anyone help me or point me in the right directions. Or do I need to return these items for something else but also affordable.

Solution
Your camera has HDMI out so can you can plug it directly into a TV (with the right adapter since your camera uses a mini-HDMI port). But the Chromebook has no way to accept HDMI in, so can't be used in the way you were hoping. You'd have to get a video capture device which accepts HDMI in and plugs into a USB port, AND it would have to have software which supports ChromeOS.

It'd actually be easier just to buy a small TV with HDMI in.
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Portable-Handheld-TVs/zgbs/electronics/979930011
You won't be able to use that camera as a web cam for the computer without a video capture device, which I don't think any work on a Chromebook. I would get a Windows computer since they are much more compatible with 3rd party devices. Then look up some tutorials on recording video on computers to see what fits in your budget. There are things from $50,100 webcams to $500+ video cameras with $200 video capture boxes.

Jan 23, 2019

Your camera has HDMI out so can you can plug it directly into a TV (with the right adapter since your camera uses a mini-HDMI port). But the Chromebook has no way to accept HDMI in, so can't be used in the way you were hoping. You'd have to get a video capture device which accepts HDMI in and plugs into a USB port, AND it would have to have software which supports ChromeOS.

It'd actually be easier just to buy a small TV with HDMI in.
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Portable-Handheld-TVs/zgbs/electronics/979930011

Solution