How to connect JVC TV sound through old Onkyo receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2018
Trying to get sound to play through receiver speakers. JVC TV, model LT-40FN97 with the Onkyo receiver, TX-844. The incoming signal is HDMI coming from a ROKU XD2. into the back of the TV.
So I have internet hook up through Roku, streaming services and Pandora only. No cable
I can't get sound through the receiver?
Based on JVC manual, they say you cannot use "output audio" when you have digital sound from an HDMI device connected to HDMI 1 or 2 on the back of the TV??
But I did have this working until I recently relocated the components and removed some no longer used components. The incoming source hasn't changed.
Any advice appreciated.

Nov 14, 2018
Got it, there is an AV plug out of the Roku, connected that directly to the back of receiver.

Using the AV single pin plug to a two connector, I guess they are analog standard jack plugs. So no reason to go into the TV first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Audio 0
E Audio 0
J Audio 2
ftezgel Audio 2
Sound guy Audio 1
Bandits13 Audio 9
S Audio 1
Parsa_kh Audio 3
A Audio 1
B Audio 1
Sepidaceous Audio 0
JonathanDQT Audio 2
Stealthunit Audio 3
T Audio 0
B Audio 1
Imgoinplaces Audio 0
E Audio 1
B Audio 3
C Audio 2
P Audio 2
Similar threads
Question Question Traktor Audio 2 MK1 Soundcard single popping sound when turning on/off laptop and when connecting/disconnecting USB. Is it a normal behavior?
Question Microphone in my headset is not picking up my voice when connected to PC but it works fine on my Phone.
Question Connecting Bose Lifestyle 28 composite (no HDMI) to LG 4K OLED (only HDMI) for best picture & sound.
Question There is a sound coming from my earcups when its not even connected, Why? Kraken TE
Question Why when I connect my subwoofer Yamaha YST SW215 with my speakers to my external soundcard, all I get is a low bass sound with no speaker sound
Question How to connect 2 speakers and sound bar to an amp
Question Microphone connected to PC through microphone port but does not input sound
Question connecting 2.1 desktop speakers as rear (surround) speaker to pc
Question How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question Connecting older TV to new sound bar
Question TaoTronics TT-BH090 Connected No Sound Issues
Solved! Connecting Logitech MX Sound 2.0 to subwoofer
Question sound blaster connect AE-5 make it sound like Onboard card
Question connecting scarlett 2i2 to active CR5's, hardly any sound at all, headphones ok.
Question Bluetooth audio connected but sound keeps cutting off.
Question Connecting two separate sound bars to Samsung tv
Why am I not getting any sound thru my Onkyo TX-8220 receiver? All connections have been tested and correctly connected. No so
how to connect Ht-RT40 sur sound to onkyo 676 receiver?
Troubleshoot Sony tv connection to Onkyo sound
Can I connect my 5 yr old Onkyo receiver to my PC?

ASK THE COMMUNITY