How to connect JVC TV sound through old Onkyo receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2018
Trying to get sound to play through receiver speakers. JVC TV, model LT-40FN97 with the Onkyo receiver, TX-844. The incoming signal is HDMI coming from a ROKU XD2. into the back of the TV.
So I have internet hook up through Roku, streaming services and Pandora only. No cable
I can't get sound through the receiver?
Based on JVC manual, they say you cannot use "output audio" when you have digital sound from an HDMI device connected to HDMI 1 or 2 on the back of the TV??
But I did have this working until I recently relocated the components and removed some no longer used components. The incoming source hasn't changed.
Any advice appreciated.

Nov 14, 2018
Got it, there is an AV plug out of the Roku, connected that directly to the back of receiver.

Using the AV single pin plug to a two connector, I guess they are analog standard jack plugs. So no reason to go into the TV first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Audio 2
J Audio 9
B Audio 5
I Audio 2
2 Audio 3
L Audio 1
T Audio 0
Chinu8763 Audio 6
Amyo Audio 3
M Audio 2
M Audio 1
D Audio 2
D Audio 4
C Audio 1
Q Audio 6
T Audio 1
E Audio 1
B Audio 3
C Audio 2
P Audio 2
Similar threads
Question How do I connect my sound bar with fr cen and sr port to a tv without using hdmi
Question How do I connect an older Yamaha AV receiver with no optical or HDMI, only RCA, to my TV and able to play sounds.
Question Subwoofer on 2.1 speaker system not working(Logitech Z623) when connected via aux
Question connect two sound systems together to z270F gaming
Question Connect TV to Surround sound when TV has no audio outputs at all
Question Connecting projector to vizio 5.1 sound bar home theater
Question RV surround sound connected to and in dash radio. Surround sound says check wires. I have a 2002 Monaco Windsor that came with a Sony in-dash radio a
Question Getting no audio from headphone after connecting Asus Xonar DX sound card??
Question What sound bar will connect with a coaxial input cable
Question How can I connect a hifi aux to a surround sound system?
Question YAMAHA SOUND BAR CONNECTION
Question Sound Problems connecting optical lead from 4k LG tv to Harman Kardon AVR 7000 amp
Question Connecting soundbar and audio receiver with surround sound to tv
Question Sound blaster z connect Logitech Z906 to optical in or out
Question my led tv has no digital audio out, and i want to connect it to hd audio rush 5.1 for better surround sound of my logitech z506 speaker. please help!
Question Sennheiser HD569 sound is fine when I connect headphones directly to my monitor, but with extension cord only when I hold the mic-button.
Why am I not getting any sound thru my Onkyo TX-8220 receiver? All connections have been tested and correctly connected. No so
how to connect Ht-RT40 sur sound to onkyo 676 receiver?
Troubleshoot Sony tv connection to Onkyo sound
Can I connect my 5 yr old Onkyo receiver to my PC?

ASK THE COMMUNITY