How to reset the cmos on a Asus G751 dh71 ROG Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have recently purchased a Asus G751 dh71 ROG Laptop and need to reset the cmos.
I removed a partition that I previously put on to install Linux Ubuntu but never installed it. When I removed the partition I rebooted the laptop and it showed the blue screen telling me the system was missing files or corrupt and I needed to recover the system. I pressed escape to enter the boot order reset and then the screen showed me it had missing HAL files and to recover the system. I pressed escape again and it gave me a password screen. I have never entered any passwords to this PC. Now I need to find a way to either reset the cmos or something that will get me passed this password screen so I can reset the boot order.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Solution
It simply isn't permitted on this forum. There is no way to prove any proof you have is real or fake.

That said, resetting the CMOS on laptops are not easy. The one method that works on desktops does not work on laptops and that's where lots and lots of research is involved.

If it is indeed your laptop, you should have no problems contacting Asus with this task, and they should be able to assist you.
G

May I ask Why? I don't understand (not permitted)? Is it you don't know or there is no information or what? Is it you need proof it is my laptop and not stolen? I can and will supply any proof you need. I truly need help on this. Please help I'm in need of help with this. I can't use my new laptop and it would take at least a month to ship it to a service center here in the Philippines and the cost involved is very high. not to mention the risk of theft or loss in the postal system here in the Philippines. The same goes for other forms of shipping here. You never know where something will go when it leaves your control here.
Thanks,
John

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
It simply isn't permitted on this forum. There is no way to prove any proof you have is real or fake.

That said, resetting the CMOS on laptops are not easy. The one method that works on desktops does not work on laptops and that's where lots and lots of research is involved.

If it is indeed your laptop, you should have no problems contacting Asus with this task, and they should be able to assist you.

Solution
G

Hello,
I have asked Asus and it's been almost three weeks now and no reply. I have also inquired on their site and nothing to be found. As for my proof there is no way I could forge or fake a Order, A delivery UPS slip, A copy of my product registration with Asus, A customs payment receipt, A bank deposit receipt to pay customs, Several emails to and from UPS to verify and confirm delivery and tracking numbers of the order and PAID credit card receipts for the payment of the order along with bank statements of the order and credit card validation ( of course in my name) of the order being processed and paid. So thanks for calling me a liar. I don't think if I had stolen the laptop I don't think I could have stolen all that also along with it. Plus of course I also have my drivers license and my passport to prove who I am.
I can assure you I will never order any products or services from your company EVER! If this is the way someone is to be treated who is in need of help then your help I don't need.
Please remove me from any membership or offering you have me on. I don't want anything to do with you at all. You are rude and very malicious for saying something you know nothing of.
Johnny Wootten

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
I'm not calling you anything, nor did I accuse you of anything, just stating policy. Nor do I sell any products or services, I hate retail. Imagine how many laptops get stolen and how many thieves then ask around for way to bypass passwords - a lot. I worked at a a small computer shop in Detroit for a few months that buys and sells used systems and many were obviously stolen.

Now there are honest people out there that forget their passwords, I know, I've worked at a helpdesk and had to do many password resets.

BIOS passwords are never just set accidentally, though. You have to go into the BIOS and set it, so if that's what it is asking for, then you or someone with access to your laptop set it. It definitely would not have been set by anyone at Asus.

G

G

I don't care where you've been or what you have done. I am a 68 year man that is learning this PC stuff just now in my life and I am also a disabled American Vietnam Vet living in the Philippines because I can't afford to live in my own country due to my low pension. I paid big money for my new laptop and depend on it every day to keep me in contact with my family at home and my finances to make sure I don't have any overdrafts or late fee's at the bank because a late fee or an overdraft fee is too costly for me. If you had any respect for humanity at all you would ask questions to get answers instead of telling someone that they could not prove what they say. If that is not an accusation of lying then I simply need to read the dictionary again. As I said you are malicious and could have handled this in any number of different ways instead of accusing me of presenting false proof in a public forum without any concern of my feelings or standing with the community. You are very thoughtless, cruel and apparently a cold person because of your past. If you are so unhappy in your life then change it don't take it out on people that rely on you for help. If there is a password in my bios than I said I never put it there and that is it. I know I take some heavy drugs to relive me of sever pain I have from my disabilities and maybe it is possible I put something there but if I did that it was without my knowledge. I know I have problems with sleeping and I have spasms and epileptic type episodes from some of the medication I am taking for my damaged nerves but it comes and goes. But you my man didn't even think to ask if it could have been done by mistake, you simply accused. That is not good of any person even if you suspect. You need to ask questions and make decisions based on fact not fiction based on your past. Let your past lead you not control you.
Johnny Wootten

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
Just as you don't care about my past or current situation, I equally don't care about you or yours.

You at your age should know the internet provides anonymity, and should value that, although in situations like this can hinder you.

Bottom line is I don't make the rules here, just stating policy. Take them or leave them. Just know you are taking your anger out on someone that doesn't deserve it. And with your poor attitude and lack of respect, I'm not sure I'd want to help you even if I were allowed.

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
And frankly, I'm surprised a moderator hasn't stepped in and locked this thread or at the very least told you the same thing I've already told you.

Most of us here help by trying to solve people PC problems on our free time - we don't get paid for this. For you to get irate about a policy that you can surely understand the basis for, well...reflect on that.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________
tman1 have you not clicked the little black triangle with the exclamation remark inside should flag up the situation I agree with you it's in the rules no passwords.

G

G

You see yet again you are wrong in your assumptions. I am not angry, I am appalled People with such attitudes as yours don't belong in the business of dealing with people. You have no respect for yourself and therefore could not possibly have any respect for others. I leave it at that because there is no more that can be said about a work of art such as you.
Have a nice life in your tiny world of disrespect and low self esteem. I wish you only the best and hope some day you become a real person and begin to enjoy your life.
Johnny Wootten

COLGeek

Cybernaut
As we have no means to verify ownership of the system in question, we can't help. Discussions on how to bypass security measures are not allowed.

Contact Asus for assistance and be prepared to provide proof of ownership.

Closing this now. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.