How to set my memory card as default storage for everything, ,for examle like whatsapp videos and pics or any downloaded conte

Adarsh7

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
How to set my memory card as default storage for everything, ,for examle like whatsapp videos and pics or any downloaded content from any app. Or any app related storage. ? Please any one can give me solution.

Solution
Well, it is going to depend on what Android version your phone is using. If it is using anything older than "Marshmallow" then you won't be able to to it. However, if it already is using, or you can upgrade it to, "Marshmallow" then you may be able to make the SD card the default download location, and move apps to it.

I say 'may' because some manufacturers have restricted this option on some of their devices, no matter if it is running "Marshmallow" or not. So you won't know until you try.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded...
Well, it is going to depend on what Android version your phone is using. If it is using anything older than "Marshmallow" then you won't be able to to it. However, if it already is using, or you can upgrade it to, "Marshmallow" then you may be able to make the SD card the default download location, and move apps to it.

I say 'may' because some manufacturers have restricted this option on some of their devices, no matter if it is running "Marshmallow" or not. So you won't know until you try.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution