How would I connect my Panasonic Smart TV and my Xbox 360 to my older Onkyo TX-SR502 receiver and hear the surround effect and

Kevin_284

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Could anyone give me some directions for connecting a new Panasonic TV and Xbox 360 to old Onkyo TX-SR502 receiver

Solution
The RGB connectors are the video portion of this thing called COMPONENT. To complete this connection you would add the 2 extra leads for the audio for a total of 5 cables. If your TV has the same type of connection then you can go xbox ---> receiver ----> TV. Now this is for STEREO only.

To hear real surround, as I clearly mentioned from first reply, xbox (Toslink) ----> Receiver.

Kevin_284

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Sorry for the late response, but is that with component cables r/w and rgb from xbox to tv? What's the purpose of the rgb component ports on the receiver? I'm sure there will be more questions to follow, thank you for your knowledge and time sharing.

The RGB connectors are the video portion of this thing called COMPONENT. To complete this connection you would add the 2 extra leads for the audio for a total of 5 cables. If your TV has the same type of connection then you can go xbox ---> receiver ----> TV. Now this is for STEREO only.

To hear real surround, as I clearly mentioned from first reply, xbox (Toslink) ----> Receiver.

Solution