HP 6910p notebook start problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2018
Hello. I have old Compaq 6910p laptop. I sometimes have problem to power it on. When I press power button, nothing happens (any signs of live), but if I reconnect AC Adapter few times, it starts without any problems and works very well. I'm using it without battery (Only AC power)
I replaced motherboard with other one, and problem still persist. I also tried to replace panel with power button, reseated RAM, CPU, measured BIOS battery (it has 3 volts), took the HDD and CDROM off, tried other AC Adapter and I still have a problem. Anyone can help me with this problem?

Mar 31, 2018
I don't think it's a port problem, because when laptop is on, pushing the AC jack to other sides doesn't cause any problem.
Sometimes, when I reconnect AC adapter, the green icon of speaker on the panel is on.

Maybe my brain is fried for the week :), but it sounds like you have tried and/or replaced everything I would try. Short of the port. Unless there is a loose connection somewhere, which seems unlikely, but you never know.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Irisviel Laptop Tech Support 1
KingExus Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 3
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
Lucaskp4 Laptop Tech Support 1
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
newblackhat Laptop Tech Support 5