MCeraGoat

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
So I own the Cloud 2's and i want to use it with the astro mixamp. I bought 2 different mixamps from ebay, but both made the quality of the mic god awful. I know this set-up works tho, because my friend has the same exact set-up, and his works fine. Anyone know what to do here? Thanks!

Solution
why does the mic sound bad? could be many reasons. poor quality dac/interface, you got a dud mic, you dont have a pop filter, emi, etc. without knowing what kind of issue its hard to say what the source is.

i dont have a mixamp myself so keep that in mind. also i believe there are various versions of mixamp so connectivity may vary.

optical from console to mixamp (for game audio)

headset and headset mic to splitter. other end of splitter to headset connection on mixamp. if you had/needed an amplifier it would go between headphones and splitter (optional 3.5mm to rca r/w cord normally also needed if amp doesnt have 3.5mm input)

i believe the mixamp should have an output for the mic. should be just a standard 3.5mm cable connection on...
3127ac42_LL1.jpeg

except in your case you dont have an external mic so it would connect up to the mic plug on the headset and you may not need an external amp since the hxc isnt terribly hard to drive so may be cable to connect it right up to the audio side of the 4pole to 3pole splitter.

MCeraGoat

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

For one, thank you for replying, tried 3 different sites and no one could give me an answer of why my mic was sounding like shit.

Now heres my questions:

What wire do i use to the controller to amp? is it just an aux cord?
What do i plug into the y-splitter ? Just my headset? Couldnt i just plug my headset directly in the mixamp with the ysplitter?

why does the mic sound bad? could be many reasons. poor quality dac/interface, you got a dud mic, you dont have a pop filter, emi, etc. without knowing what kind of issue its hard to say what the source is.

i dont have a mixamp myself so keep that in mind. also i believe there are various versions of mixamp so connectivity may vary.

optical from console to mixamp (for game audio)

headset and headset mic to splitter. other end of splitter to headset connection on mixamp. if you had/needed an amplifier it would go between headphones and splitter (optional 3.5mm to rca r/w cord normally also needed if amp doesnt have 3.5mm input)

i believe the mixamp should have an output for the mic. should be just a standard 3.5mm cable connection on the mixamp though since the controller is 4pole likely you might need another splitter there.

at least that is how i understand it. i would suggest looking in the manual to see their recommended setup diagrams, read them then note if there is something that confuses you.

Solution

ImSxrg

Commendable
May 6, 2016

hey man did you find a solution?my clouds2 mic when i connect them to the astro mixamp pro tr have a loud noise but when they are connected normally to my ps4 the mic audio is fine.Did you find a solution for this problem?
thanks for your time -Sergio.