I have a SONY STR-DH500 receiver, 4 HDMI input and 1 output, I hook up the Direct tv cable through SAT, Chromecast to BD, BUT

sonlesolar

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
I have a SONY STR-DH500 receiver, 4 HDMI input and 1 output, I hook up the Direct tv cable through SAT, Chromecast to BD, but the sound only come out to mt tv not my stereo speaker. What I do wrong?? Please help

Solution
That receiver came out when HDMI was just introduced. If you look at the back just near the HDMI inputs you will see it says that you need to use the digital audio inputs below for sound. The HDMI just passes the AV through to the TV (as you already know). The DTV box should have a digital audio output but the Chromecast doesn't.
There is more than one way to get sound through the speakers.
1. Connect the DTV box and Chromestick to the TV directly with HDMI. Connect the digital audio out of the TV to the receiver. Set the TV to output in Bitstream for surround sound. You may need to turn the digital audio output on in the TV menu and assign the digital audio connection to an input on the receiver.
2. Get an HDMI input selector with...

Tough to make out what you are connecting and to what. If you are using the receiver and it has a an output, your devices can go to the receiver and the HDMI output will go to the TV, if you have the devices connected to the TV, you will need to use the TV audio out to the audio inputs on the receiver. What is connected to what device and with what cables?

That receiver came out when HDMI was just introduced. If you look at the back just near the HDMI inputs you will see it says that you need to use the digital audio inputs below for sound. The HDMI just passes the AV through to the TV (as you already know). The DTV box should have a digital audio output but the Chromecast doesn't.
There is more than one way to get sound through the speakers.
1. Connect the DTV box and Chromestick to the TV directly with HDMI. Connect the digital audio out of the TV to the receiver. Set the TV to output in Bitstream for surround sound. You may need to turn the digital audio output on in the TV menu and assign the digital audio connection to an input on the receiver.
2. Get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. Connect the DTV and Chrome to the input selector, Connect the HDMI out of the selector to your TV, Connect the digital audio output to the receiver.

Solution