I have a vizio E70-E3 TV without a tuner, and my cable coming into the house is Coaxial. What do I need to make it work?

emosti

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I have a vizio E70-E3 4k tv without a tuner. My cable coming in is coaxial. I need to go from coax to hdmi with a tuner to change channels

c4s2k3

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Best to get exact information on what is required from the facilities (or whatever department) folks at the university. My guess is If they don’t provide him a box, I suspect they are providing basic (analog/Clear QAM) cable and he will need a tuner that can decode basic cable.

Something similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Analog-Composite-Output-America-Region/dp/B0191AYTHO/ref=sr_1_69?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507513858&sr=1-69&keywords=cable+tv+tuner+box

But as I said, best to get the exact requirements from the cable provider.

c4s2k3

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Like you said, you need a tuner. If you have a cable TV provider, the cable box they supply would be your tuner. Coax to cable box, HDMI from cable box to your display.

dtab0r0113

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
In a related question... I bought my son the same vizio. He has cable in his college dorm, but doesn't have access to a cable box. How do you get the cable to work then?

c4s2k3

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Best to get exact information on what is required from the facilities (or whatever department) folks at the university. My guess is If they don’t provide him a box, I suspect they are providing basic (analog/Clear QAM) cable and he will need a tuner that can decode basic cable.

Something similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Analog-Composite-Output-America-Region/dp/B0191AYTHO/ref=sr_1_69?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507513858&sr=1-69&keywords=cable+tv+tuner+box

But as I said, best to get the exact requirements from the cable provider.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jovanboone Streaming Video & TVs 0
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
F Streaming Video & TVs 0
Hybrid Divide Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
X Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
Bradagan1 Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 3