I have marshmelliw 6.0 and have no internet and no smart tv and want to screen mirror and can't seem to figure out what exactl

Solution
you could save some effort as well and get a Roku/amazon hdmi stick. then simply connect it's wifi to your phone's hotspot.

then the stick will simply use the internet from your phone to stream whatever you wish to stream. this assumes you are streaming netflix or some other service like that. boost mobile does limit the hotspot even on unlimited plan. i think it is 9 gb a month if i recall right. so you're not gonna be watching tv 24/7 through the phone. just something to be aware of.

otherwise you still need such a stick on top of the router. looking at probably $100 on the low end to get both up n running.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
you need something that can make the connection.

chromecast requires an internet connection to work so that would be out as well.

most anything else like a plex server needs at least a local network to work. a roku connects easily to miracast but it also needs a local network to see both the phone and roku.

laurabarnes59

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
local network would mean having a router set-up in the house. it would not need to have a connection to any internet but it would provide a wifi network in the house for devices to connect to like you need.

dlna is miracast so if you don't have that, then the simple miracast solution is not going to work. you can use a roku with plex if you wish but the local network needs to be set-up so the info can travel about.

laurabarnes59

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
you buy a router and turn it on. this creates the local network. it's not about internet access. but rather having the personal wifi network in the house so data can be transferred between devices. it does not have to be connected to any form of internet access.

it just needs to be turned on and running in order for the various stuff to talk to one another.

laurabarnes59

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
you could save some effort as well and get a Roku/amazon hdmi stick. then simply connect it's wifi to your phone's hotspot.

then the stick will simply use the internet from your phone to stream whatever you wish to stream. this assumes you are streaming netflix or some other service like that. boost mobile does limit the hotspot even on unlimited plan. i think it is 9 gb a month if i recall right. so you're not gonna be watching tv 24/7 through the phone. just something to be aware of.

otherwise you still need such a stick on top of the router. looking at probably $100 on the low end to get both up n running.

Solution

laurabarnes59

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
Thank you that helps me out a lot. Don't want to spend money on devices i don't need. Lol
Have a nice day and u have been a big help! I will come back to your site if i need anymore advice. And i have already passed your name on to others for help.