I want to get audio on my patio from receiver in my den

Sandra4389

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
I have a new Sony 7.1 channel receiver and surround sound using all 7connections. Sound runs through the receiver. I have two small speakers that I have piggy backed into two of the terminals which I know could hurt the receiver.
I need to find a solution to have sound on patio and watch my tv. I recently bought through Amazon a Parikas Bluetooth 20 w wireless speaker that I paired with my droid and was able for to play Pandora for a special occasion but I can't pair it with my receiver.
Is there something I can buy to pair or whatever method to receive audio on my patio?

Solution
The model number of the receiver would let us give you a specific answer.
If the receiver has a record out or zone 2 RCA audio out you could connect a BT transmitter to it. Pair the speaker to that. The zone 2 output will have it's own source selection and volume control. The record out would play the same source as the main zone and be fixed volume.
If it doesn't have either you could wire a speaker to line level adapter to the front L/R speaker terminals (speaker B or leaving the existing speaker wires in place). That would provide a line level output for a BT transmitter. The volume of the receiver would affect the transmitted signal. You would select multi-channel stereo when using the BT speakers.
Does your receiver has "Zone 2" option? This would switch two of the speakers to separate zone where you can play separate audio stream. You will lose two of the speakers in 7.1 setup (turning it into 5.1). You can also get simple "speaker selector" between the receiver and the two pair of speakers.

As for Pandora etc - either get Bluetooth Receiver for your Sony (and connect it to eg CD Audio Input), or plug your phone directly into the Sony receiver.

The model number of the receiver would let us give you a specific answer.
If the receiver has a record out or zone 2 RCA audio out you could connect a BT transmitter to it. Pair the speaker to that. The zone 2 output will have it's own source selection and volume control. The record out would play the same source as the main zone and be fixed volume.
If it doesn't have either you could wire a speaker to line level adapter to the front L/R speaker terminals (speaker B or leaving the existing speaker wires in place). That would provide a line level output for a BT transmitter. The volume of the receiver would affect the transmitted signal. You would select multi-channel stereo when using the BT speakers.

Solution

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
I have an older Sony 7.1 Tuner/Receiver and on the front panel there is a knob which lets me select speakers A, speakers B, Speakers A+B or Off. Maybe the newer ones don't have this, but I don't know why Sony would take away that option.