i want to know how much capable my Asus Rog G751JY with Gtx 980m is for recents and upcomings games in future ?

Swerved_Dreds

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
some might finds me lame here but i am new here !!
i recently purchased my new Laptop Asus Rog GL751JY.
Specs:
Processor : i7-4870HQ
Ram : 16GB DDR3
Gpu : Gtx 980m 4gb with G-Sync
SSD : 256 gb
HDD : 1Tb
my question is how much capable my laptop is for recent and upcoming releases like Watchdogs 2, Overwatch,For Honor etc
how much fps can i get ? for how long will these specs last ?
sorry i am asking too many questions but i am excited as well as confuse !!

Solution
Your laptop is fairly decent, you will be able to reach 60 FPS easily in any of those games you listed, maybe will require a bit of tweak on Watchdogs 2. I played the For Honor Beta with a GTX 950 and it ran smoothly.

The GTX 980M is still a powerful laptop card nonetheless. You will be able to play latest titles around 60 FPS with Medium/High settings no doubt.

And that G-Sync monitor will keep your monitor's image stable and smooth even if you get less FPS in newer titles.

So, IMO you will be able to keep it for a good while if you're not a graphic freak that wants everything maxed-up all the time.

manddy123

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
Your laptop is fairly decent, you will be able to reach 60 FPS easily in any of those games you listed, maybe will require a bit of tweak on Watchdogs 2. I played the For Honor Beta with a GTX 950 and it ran smoothly.

The GTX 980M is still a powerful laptop card nonetheless. You will be able to play latest titles around 60 FPS with Medium/High settings no doubt.

And that G-Sync monitor will keep your monitor's image stable and smooth even if you get less FPS in newer titles.

So, IMO you will be able to keep it for a good while if you're not a graphic freak that wants everything maxed-up all the time.

Solution

Swerved_Dreds

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016

Well i'm not graphics freak,i just want good quality with solid fps aroud 50+ !!
does G-Sync laptops slower than Non-GSync ?
how does it affects gaming please tell me

manddy123

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

No, G-Sync has nothing to do with Laptop/PC's performance.

G-Sync is a monitor feature made to smoothen the image, giving it quality.
What it does is, it sincronizes efficiently your gaming FPS with your Monitor refresh rate, therefore preventing screen-tearing and other image problems as well. It won't boost nor slow your gaming performance, just will make those you already have more enjoyable so it's always good to have.

Swerved_Dreds

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016

Okay i got it .. i want to ask few more things you are only one who answered my thread :)
It has i7-4870HQ , is this processor enough for 4 years gaming ?
If you compare it with desktop non-mobile processor then which one will its competitor??
Moreover comparing Gtx 980m with desktop gpu ,which one will be it's solid competitor?
I know i am asking too many questions but that's what you do here being helping others noobs like me .. so i will keep asking until i got my self clear with all things i hope you won't be angry over it :) thanks once again .. waiting for your reply....

manddy123

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

Open up a new thread with those new questions, i'm sure more people will come to answer those alongside me.